Vitat's homepage
26 Apr 2024, 15:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 21.03.08 Произведено обновление сайта/Site was updated

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAN BUs interface - why not use the transciever IC's RX output  (Read 4912 times)
gbrain

View Profile
« on: 18 Oct 2006, 21:37 »

Hello Vitat,

I have a small question about your schematic for the emulator. You employ a CAN transceiver IC, but you only use the TX half of it . Is there a reason why you went to all the trouble of adding an extra comparator? Was it just for diagnostics or is there some deeper reason?

I am making an in car computer media player, and your work has transformed my approach since I can use the head unit to control everything, rather than having the computer do things - A vast improvement. This is an excellent piece of work that you have been polite enough to share with us. Your code seems very readable to me and again thankyou for making it easy for me. I shall probably implement the same process using a PIC, becuase I have all the development tools available (I'm an RF electronics engineer - designing mobiles and other stuff). I shall ensure that you are credited with having done the hard bits and publish my solution in due course

Thankyou,

G'Brain
Vitat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2006, 22:23 »

Hello Vitat,

I have a small question about your schematic for the emulator. You employ a CAN transceiver IC, but you only use the TX half of it . Is there a reason why you went to all the trouble of adding an extra comparator? Was it just for diagnostics or is there some deeper reason?

I am making an in car computer media player, and your work has transformed my approach since I can use the head unit to control everything, rather than having the computer do things - A vast improvement. This is an excellent piece of work that you have been polite enough to share with us. Your code seems very readable to me and again thankyou for making it easy for me. I shall probably implement the same process using a PIC, becuase I have all the development tools available (I'm an RF electronics engineer - designing mobiles and other stuff). I shall ensure that you are credited with having done the hard bits and publish my solution in due course

Thankyou,

G'Brain
CAN bus interface is different than IP-Bus not only with protocol. I use CAN transiver only for transmit becouse IP-Bus reciver can understand levels from CAN but CAN reciver can't understand IP-Bus levels. And I use CAN IC becouse IP-Bus transivier very hard to buy. You can make transmiter on transistor without CAN transivier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1© Bloc