Vitat's homepage
29 Apr 2024, 05:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 21.03.08 Произведено обновление сайта/Site was updated

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emulator connecting to HU  (Read 11573 times)
kamil f.

View Profile
« on: 05 Jan 2004, 00:03 »

hi,
I want to built an HDD MP3 player which can be controlles by Pioneer radio.
I know that its already made, see Yamp3usb and vitats adapter, but I want use an USB2.0 chip for faster fileload and STA013/CS4334 for better soundquality.

but I have some questions about IP bus ( adapter ).
what happens when I connect the adapter while HU is running for example at tuneroperation?
will the adapter successful recognized? so I can change to CD changeroperation whitout problems?
what happens when I disconnect the adapter while HU is running ?
will the HU successful recognize that there is no more cd changer?
oder could it be that he HU software crashs so I have to reset or turn OFF the HU?
what happens when a MD changer is also connected together with the adapter?
the background for these questions is that i have to decide the circuit design.
1. the controllpart is at the main mp3 player, so it would be disconnected while I have it at home for downloading files
2. the controllpart ist separated from the main player like vitalis, so that the HU views altimes a changer ( an empty if mainpart is disconnected )

it will be take a few days until ich become a running adapter because i have to order some parts for the adapter.
then I can start tests an maybe I will answer my questions by my self if nobody has tested it befor.
I measuring up to now that the ASENBUS, BUSP1 and BUSM1 is enable as long as the ACC ( ignition ON ) in enable even if HU is turned OFF.

see you  Very Happy
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2004, 17:36 »

hi

there is always a communication between HU and CDC even if the HU ist on standby
(send status, acknowledge....)
so the HU will notice that there is no changer after a few sconds (i don't know the exact time)

i had no problem to connect the emulator when the HU was already powered on (source tuner)
the only thing that happend was that the HU went on standby when i switchen the source to CDC
after that i switched it on again and everything worked fine.

if you disconnect it when HU is switched on CDC it will take a few seconds and the HU will go on standby

i wouldn't recommend to connect or disconnect the emulator while the HU is running but it works
two

best regeards
mike
Vitat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2004, 21:56 »

kamil f.,
what happens when a MD changer is also connected together with the adapter?
It's not working... You must have a special adapter to connecting more devices on bus.
the controllpart is at the main mp3 player, so it would be disconnected while I have it at home for downloading files
If you turn off the ACC or remove panel from HU, the ASENBUS signal from HU turn off too, and IP-Bus adapter with MP3 player turn off TOO!
mike

113089782 phelsuma_@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2004, 10:51 »

hi vitat

you have talked about a special adapter that is needed to connect more devices to the ipbus
is there any information about it on the pioneer homepage ?
how is that thing  called (what model number)?

thx
mike
Vitat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2004, 11:17 »

mike,
how is that thing called (what model number)?
Sorry, I don't know...
Vitat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2004, 13:50 »

mike,
kamil f. have a MD-changer with IP-Bus output and input! Hi says that MD-Changer and emulator working together!!!
I'm not understand how, but it very interest. Razz
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2004, 02:20 »

hi,
I tested !
the MD player runs properly together with the emulator.
both player are connected in series.
emulator => input of MDPlayer, output to =>HU
all devices from pioneer are connected in series, DAB tuner, CD changer, aux in adapter,etc
on PCB of MD changer i saw the bus+, bus- and ASNbus are connected parallel at IN and OUT put.

best regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1© Bloc